Applying for college can be stressful, especially if you are not prepared for it. It is important to prepare for the steps as early as Decemberr, to prevent cramming and rushing. You want your college life to turn out the way you want it to, and if you want to get in to your dream university, then you better prepare for it as early as you can.
We compiled the things that you have to do when applying for college:
1. After taking your SAT and ACT
exams, research about possible universities that you want to apply to. There are many credible sources online that you can visit to be more familiar about your chosen school, and most schools have their own websites that you can browse.
2. When you’ve finally chosen a school that you want to apply to, ask for a college application
form then fill that out. The form usually asks for basic information such as your name, home address, email address, citizenship and visa status, and family information. It is also important to list down your SAT and ACT test scores, TOEFL or other English proficiency test scores, and academic honors that you have received.
3. Come up with an original admission/college essay
. Advisors and counselors often suggest that students make their essays straight to the point, honest, amusing, and accurate. In this case, the student will appear likeable and smart. It is also suggested that an individual should avoid using jargons, profanity, and abbreviations.
4. Ask for letters of recommendation from people you trust, and people who you know you have impressed. You may ask your teachers to write a letter of recommendation for you. Ask them to include why you should be accepted in to the college that you’re applying for, and what your best traits are.
5. Some colleges require a face-to-face interview with the applicant. Make sure to research about the school before the interview. You can even practice with a friend to make sure you don’t buckle and know the right words to say.
6. Wait for your acceptance letter to arrive. Once you’ve accepted it, you have to write back to the school, expressing your intention to push through with the enrollment process.
This is just the start of your college life. Next step would be filling out housing forms, choosing your college meal plans, and the likes. College seems to be a difficult task, but once you’ve started your journey, I am sure you’re going to thank yourself for doing such a great job at applying for college.
Sign-up & Join our TTG Community! www.teachers-to-go.com
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter and Instagram