So, finals week is coming. And for some students, this might mean chaos and stress. Well hey, not anymore, because we are here to help! Besides, it should not be about that, it should be about you getting good grades without the hassle and stress of it all.
So without further ado, here are the tips that would help you study better for your finals:
- If you have favorite motivational quotes or positive lines from movies, write them on a piece of paper (or you can also print them out), and hang it where you can easily see it while studying. You might feel like this one’s a lame idea, but trust me, once you try it, you’ll be happy that you actually did.
- Set exact but realistic schedule for each item or subject that you have to study for. List each subject along with the allotted time, and then block that out on either your planner or a scheduling app. Being organized is very important, as this will make you feel more in control.
- Take a break every once in a while. Everybody needs a break, and you are no different.
Working or studying for hours on end can make you feel exhausted and worn out. Instead, take 15 minute breaks for at least every two to three hours. Just space out, close your eyes, or take a walk outside to get some fresh air.
- If you’re the type of person who can’t live without social media, then you can follow this tip instead: set a certain time for you to check your Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and everything else. This way, you won’t feel like you’re missing out on a lot of things, while still being able to study for your finals.
- Do not overload on caffeine. Doing such will only make you extra giddy and jittery, and will make it harder for you to focus on studying. Stick to your usual cup of coffee, and you’ll be good.
- All-nighters never work. Sleep is such an important thing especially when you have a big exam coming, as this contributes to your mental wellbeing and cognitive functioning. Make sure to get enough sleep, around 7-8 hours would be perfect.
- Try eating healthy, at least during the finals week. Eating a balanced diet that includes fresh fruits, vegetables, and protein will help you maintain your focus and balance while studying.
Now go ahead and study, and ace that exam!