Ah, college. There are just things that one must know before going to college, so high school seniors, listen up. We have listed some things that you should know before going to college:
1. Make friends with your professors. This may sound like you’re trying to get high grades by befriending your teachers, but trust us; it’s much more than that. Your professors can help you with your recommendation letter, which would make your college application easier.
2. If you’re studying abroad or out of town, make sure that you make time for travelling. Studying, of course, should be your first priority, but travelling every once in a while won’t hurt.
3. Since you’re most likely living away from home, make sure that your physical and mental health is both taken care of. If you’re feeling anything, make sure that you immediately talk to your university counseling or healthcare.
4. College can easily become a pit of all-nighters. Cramming the night before a huge exam can take a toll on your health and concentration, so risking it isn’t a good idea. Look for different ways to study, and when you find one that suits you perfectly, stick to it.
5. You’ll be pretty tempted to cut class, but you really should not. Aside from wasting money, you’re passing up on the opportunity on learning something new.
6. Eating lunch alone is fine. This totally doesn’t mean that you don’t have any friends. You just might be looking for some alone time, you need to study, or whatnot. It’s not your responsibility to explain such to everyone, and it is okay.
7. Learn to spend your money wisely. Now that you’re living on your own, you might get the urge to binge on shopping and partying every once in a while. Budget your money wisely, and make sure you’ve got yourself covered until your next allowance comes.
Now you’re equipped with some knowledge on how to conquer college. Go forth and learn, future college student!