Finals week can be extremely stressful, especially if you’re a senior preparing for college. Stress can take a toll on you, but there are ways to lessen stress, and to make it more manageable. These things are pretty simple, and most of them can be done at home.
- Hug or cuddle a fluffy animal. Whether it’s a cat, dog, rabbit, or whatever your preferred animal may be, just hug it out with them. Animals, especially dogs and cats, have this natural calming effect on people. The “purring” sound that cats produce, for example, can help alleviate a person’s stress and anxiety. This is because the sound that they produce is calming and very pleasant to the ears.
- If you have two tennis balls available, get them and hold them in your hands. You can go ahead and lie on your back, while putting your hands and those two tennis balls behind your head. Roll your head to the sides repeatedly. Feel that? That’s the amazing feeling of releasing your stress out.
- Take a lukewarm shower while listening to soothing soundtracks. Some suggestions that we have are: “Skinny Love” by Bon Iver, “Sunset” by The xx, “Maybe” by Isbells, and “Thirteen Thirtyfive” by Dillon.
- Go for a run or a brisk walk. Running and exercising can release a chemical in your brain called “Endorphins”, which is also known as the “happy chemicals”.
- Find a positive mantra and repeat it to yourself over and over again. You can either say it out loud or repeat it in your mind several times. Closing your eyes while doing this helps, and soon enough, you’ll be surprised at how relaxed and calm you feel.
- Give your back a good stretch. Here are some amazing stretches that will help alleviate your stress and take those back pains away.
- Video call a friend or a loved one. Hearing from a loved one can make you feel eased up immediately, and just hearing their voice can help soothe your nerves.
- Go for a walk. Your neighborhood is a great place to start. If you live near a park, then that’s perfect. Getting away from your usual routine, even for a while, can help alleviate your stress. Besides, who wouldn’t love to hear the birds humming and seeing just how green the world still is?
If you need help with studying and reviewing for your exams or homework, you can always count on Teachers-to-GO! Just visit our website and register as a student here. Thank you and good luck with your exams!