The Benefits of Online Courses Infographic outlines the top advantages of online education. In particular, according to the infographic, 45% of students are taking at least one online course. Research shows that online students achieve same or better learning results in about half the time as those in traditional courses. It also indicates that students are more active, engaged, and motivated, when working with coursework that is challenging but within their capacity to master.
Online courses offer:
- Tangible skill building (improved attitudes toward learning, proof of skills gained to advanced career, higher course completion rates, online literacy gains)
- Varied useful courses (over 130,000 courses from 350+ providers)
- Reduces costs (less or no commuting, included courses materials, included online textbooks, reduced or free tuition, cost range from free to relatively small payments per month)
- Specialized courses/certificates (certification and badges can be offered to motivate and reward achievement as well as provide widely-accepted recognition to an individual’s development)
- Learning style flexibility (learn when, where and how you want)
- Accessibility (24/7 internet access, anywhere, support for visually impaired, deaf, homebound and others with physical limitations, mobile access)
- Better teaching quality (teachers are often trained by educational technology experts, courses are often taught by experts with field experiences, multimedia teaching techniques are used, courses are usually better organized than traditional courses).
- Cutting-edge technology (virtual classrooms, discussion forums, online texts and libraries, video lectures, class calendars, wikis, web video)
Via: www.skilledup.com | elearninginfographics.com