The world of technology continues to grow and the reality of online learning has become more relevant today than ever before.
What did over 6.1 million students have in common during the fall 2010 term? You guessed it … online learning! These students took at least one online course during the fall 2010 term up, up 560,000 students from the previous year.
- In 2003, 57.2% of academic leaders believed that online education was the same or even superior compared to face-to-face learning.
- And just two years later, that number had increased to 77%
- 80% of faculty members use at least one online social media site to support their professional career activities.
- As of 2012, 62.4% of all colleges and universities offered fully online programs.
Five most popular online Bachelor degrees as of 2009: Business, Computer and Information Technology (IT), Criminal Justice, Health Care, and Nursing.
Top three fastest growth areas for classroom to online certificate delivery: Business, Health Care, and IT.
source: elearninginfographics.com | online.daymarcollege.edu
Read this articles about online education
* 10 Advantages of Online Education
* Winning Tips for a Successful IB Extended Essay
* SAT vs ACT: Breaking Down the Difference